So, what have I learned so far? Not much! Maybe by the time I leave I'll associate Indian name with ingredients and spices. And, I can't take credit for the images below; they came from a Google Images search.
I fell in love with naan before I left for India. I know it's kind of silly (equivalent US thing would be I LOVE ROLLS, THEY ARE SO GOOD!), but it's a comfort to know that if I don't like the main dish, I can munch on naan. It's a flat bread, like a yummy, buttery tortilla. I think this is the only traditional food Molly would eat in India.
But, so far, I haven't disliked a main dish. They serve chicken and lamb/mutton as meats, and loads of vegetables for...you guessed it, veg meals. They also make paneer, which is my favorite thing in the entire world: cheese! It has a ricotta-like consistency, and is usually fried up with spices or a spicy vegetable gravy.
Today I had some fantastic sweets called Gulab Juman. They're very popular in India. It's basically a deep fried ball of dough in a sugar syrup. It tastes like a juicy donut hole.

So, I've been eating mainly in the hotel. The restaurants are considered safe for Westerners. Lunch comes from a menu, Indian and Middle Eastern. There are a few American chains in Delhi, but I absolutely refuse to eat from them. So, as yet, I'm not sick of curry, I haven't been sick from curry, and I've been eating well.
No comments:
Post a Comment