Bushkill Falls is pretty touristy. The $10/person admission charge is quite steep, and the planked trails and hoards of people are a bit off-putting. That said, the waterfalls are quite nice, and getting on the "expert" trail (2 miles round trip, most of it on a walkway) got us away from some of the crowd. I went when I was a kid, and I probably won't be back till I have kids of my own to take (which is not any time soon), but it was a nice way to spend an afternoon with friends.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Bushkill Falls
I went out to Bushkill Falls, just north of Stroudsburg, PA, on a beautiful fall day. I went out with my buddies Rhett and Richard, and met up with 2 of Rhett's friends from Philly to do some grilling and "hiking".

Bushkill Falls is pretty touristy. The $10/person admission charge is quite steep, and the planked trails and hoards of people are a bit off-putting. That said, the waterfalls are quite nice, and getting on the "expert" trail (2 miles round trip, most of it on a walkway) got us away from some of the crowd. I went when I was a kid, and I probably won't be back till I have kids of my own to take (which is not any time soon), but it was a nice way to spend an afternoon with friends.

Bushkill Falls is pretty touristy. The $10/person admission charge is quite steep, and the planked trails and hoards of people are a bit off-putting. That said, the waterfalls are quite nice, and getting on the "expert" trail (2 miles round trip, most of it on a walkway) got us away from some of the crowd. I went when I was a kid, and I probably won't be back till I have kids of my own to take (which is not any time soon), but it was a nice way to spend an afternoon with friends.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment