Thursday, October 28, 2010

Toronto

This was my second trip into Toronto, again for work. This time, I stayed downtown so I could actually see the city on my two-day trip.

CN Tower

I was with colleagues from the London office and they asked if Toronto felt foreign to me. Not at all. Toronto reminds me of Chicago - wide, clean streets. Most signs were in French and English, but that's obviously not a problem for me.

A friend of a colleague lives in Toronto and gave us a brief tour of the city one of the nights. The tour included the new city hall (my pictures didn't do it justice - it's a really neat building) and the University of Toronto campus. It's a huge campus in the middle of the city. Given my Penn State bias, I was very impressed by the size of the campus, and the feel - you can easily forget that you're in the city. It's the largest university in Canada in terms of enrollment.

Streets of downtown Toronto


New York? Fake New York. They were filming a NY-based TV show on the street the hotel was on

I'd like to take a long weekend to spend in Toronto, but who knows when I'll have that opportunity.

1 comment:

Armand Silva said...

I'd like to spend more time in Toronto also, so you just let me know!