Monday, February 13, 2012

Breckenridge

Four days in Breckenridge, even in a low snowfall winter, is still an awesome way to spend four days. Especially when spent with a bunch of wonderful people.

Christopher was kind enough to put all of us up in his parents' condo. And by all of us, at one point there were 11 people in a one bedroom condo.

The view from the condo

I spent 2 days on the slopes. One day at Breckenridge, sticking mostly to Peaks 7,8,9. I was definitely the least experienced skier of the group. They were all good sports taking it slow in the morning and dashing off to the more challenging stuff in the afternoon. Tom stuck it out with me till I went down to the wrong ski lift (again) and skied back down to the condo on Four o'clock Run.


Then, Becca came down from Fort Collins (!!!!) Jared and I went to ski on her guest passes at Copper Mountain, about 30 mins from Breckenridge. I preferred Copper - the trails were a little wider, even if they were harder. My peak elevation during this trip was about 12,300ft.


And then... Laura came to town!! It was completely coincidental that she was out visiting her boyfriend Jim at the same time we were out. It was so great to catch up with her. Sadly, I forgot to get a picture.

Back in Breckenridge, Jared and I went snowshoeing at the Breckenridge Nordic Center while the rest of the group took off to drive around the mountain passes. Once we got off the trails closer to the Nordic center, I really enjoyed the scenery and plowing through some off-trail powder.


Skiing all day and hot tubs, cooking, and Colorado beers in the evenings. What a fantastic vacation.


No comments: