Saturday, November 24, 2007

Giving Thanks

I spent Thanksgiving in Hazleton with both Jonathan's family and my mom and sister. Jonathan's family was kind enough to invite us all down for Thanksgiving dinner on Thursday. I helped his mom make some of her many many Christmas cookies. Jonathan's aunt cooked at his grandma's house, so we showed up and ate lots of yummy food.

I went home with mom and Molly and saw my dad and Sierra and Scyler on Friday, and visited my grandpa in Middletown. I had a lovely visit with Sara as well. No matter how old you get, I think most conversations with your dearest female friends will involve boys and clothes.

I only spent a short time at home. My dad drove me back from PJ to NJ to see the new house. My brother helped me rake leaves and skim the fish pond, and my dad tried to fix some things around the house. Hopefully all the random broken things will be fixed soon!

When I was driving back from Middletown on Friday, I realized that I didn't even think about the true meaning of Thanksgiving on Thursday: giving thanks. In addition to boys and clothes, I think this will also be constant through my life: I give thanks to my loving and patient family, friends and boyfriend.

No comments: