I don't really think I'm an old lady, but I'm starting to have hobbies that aren't school. Or work. And it's pretty nice. I started a compost bin in the backyard. I don't really care about the compost that comes out of it in terms of gardening. I'm using it as an environmentally friendly way to get rid of some of our garbage. Basically, any organic material can be thrown into it (not dairy or meat, so animals aren't attracted to it), and nice soil comes out, instead of being thrown into a landfill, where it may or may not decompose.
On the gardening note, I started my seeds today. I planted a bunch of flowers, and for the first time, some vegetables. Pretty excited for that.
Jonathan, Cade and I are exploring the county, state and national parks of Morris County. We've been to Pyramid Mountain, Tourne Park, and Jockey Hollow. Everything's still dead here, but the first 2 parks have views of NY at the top (30 miles away). It will be much prettier once it gets green.
While writing this, I found out I'm getting a pretty nice chunk of change back from my taxes, so a new bike + paying off most of one of my smaller loans will be in order when that comes in :)
I'll leave you with 2 pictures of Cade, and the hope that I'll update this more often.
Stalking Jonathan at Jockey Hollow
No comments:
Post a Comment