Sunday, April 27, 2008

Lazy Weekend

A lazy weekend for us in NJ. Friday evening we took Cade to the dog park, and she got a little braver since the last time we went. She actually chased around lab puppy named Hamlet that was her size.


Saturday we found a path to the grocery store. This is exciting because it takes about 10 minutes to drive about 2 miles to ShopRite because of the Jersey can't-make-a-left. I took some more flower pictures. We have 2 lilac bushes, which makes me extremely happy.





We looked at bikes (c'mon, rebate check!), and went to a mall, where we bought nothing. We tried, but I got depressed. High prices for clothing + less-fit body = sadness. Again, c'mon rebate check, I want a bike!!


Today we went to the southern most edge of Palisades Park. It's a path along a big rock outcropping on the Jersey side of the Hudson River, running from Fort Lee (George Washington Bridge) to the NY/NJ border. The views of Manhattan weren't so great today, because it was cloudy, but it was a decent walk. Don't think we'll be going back though, because I picked 7 8 ticks off of Cade. I hope this isn't foreboding of the trouncing in the woods to come this summer. We put Frontline on her, and she has her Lyme vaccine, so she should be ok if the do ticks latch on.

No comments: