Monday, May 5, 2008

RIP Albedo


Sometime over the weekend, dearest Albedo passed on to the big fishbowl in the sky. Jonathan and I said a few words this morning before he was given his royal flush.

He lived a good two and a half years. Albedo started his journey as the mascot for the Lair of the Sexy Weather Ladies. He traveled more than some people do. He traveled between State College, Pittsburgh, PJ, NYC, and NJ. He rode the subway. He took a NJ Transit train. He survived under the care of numerous people while I vacationed. Thank you to everyone who took him in at some point.

Unfortunately, his quality of life was not so great in the past six months, due to the fact that Jonathan and I are cheap and didn't keep our house above 60 degrees. We tried to keep him warmer, and I was hoping that with the start of spring he would get better. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

RIP Albedo, you were a great fish.

2 comments:

Julie said...

he even survived falling into a garbage can. RIP albedo.

John said...

I had a fighting fish when I was little. He lived quite awhile, though not as long as Albedo. I liked him a lot though, and when he died I wanted to bury him. Unfortunately it was January, and the ground was frozen solid. My dad was nice enough to put him in the freezer for me, but he started to smell before the ground thawed out.

In the end, we had to flush him. But I'd like to think that he and Albedo are now getting along swimmingly in fish heaven.