I was put up in a apartment/hotel this time around, complete with a stove, fridge, washing machine (!!) I already love the city, but this was a huge help in making me feel at home in London. Admittedly, I didn't do much cooking, but it was nice to have the option.
Digs for most of my trip
I've done a lot of the touristy things in London, so I took the weekends pretty easy. Wandering around the neighborhood, South Bank, sitting in parks and squares reading. I did get funky in Camden Market. Well, the funk was all around, at least.
Camden Lock
I had gorgeous weekends, and really nice weather all around. I've said this many times to many people, but it was nice to be in a place where the high temperature (mid-70s to 80) was NY's low temperature. Can't say I really missed not being in NY for one of, if not the, hottest Julys on record.
Probably the most asked question: isn't London so rainy?!
My time in London was really nice. I had a lot of pubtime with my workmates, caught dinner with friends in London, and I got to meet some family for the first time. Stuart and his family were gracious enough to have me over for dinner. We worked out that we're second cousins on my mother's side (my great Aunt Jane's grandson). It was really nice to meet them – they're lovely, and I'm excited to meet child #3 after she arrives in September.

Thanks for having me, cousin Stuart!
No comments:
Post a Comment