We adopted Cade from Purrs 'n Pups at the Rockaway PetSmart last weekend. She came from a shelter in Georgia with her brothers and sisters to Purrs 'n Pups, which operates as a rescue league as a network of foster families. She was the last female available of the bunch, and she had a given name of Cleopatra. We didn't like the name, so we chose Cade after 2 days of name deliberations. Her namesake, Cades Cove, is located in the Smoky Mountains in Tennessee. It's a place that Jonathan and I have visited together, but Cades Cove doesn't have any particular significance to us. We thought Cade was a cool name, especially after I found out that a (male) character in Gone with the Wind (set in Georgia) also had the name.
Cade met my mom and Molly, and my grandma, dad, and Scyler. She also met my grandma's neighbor-dog, Amber.
Cade's been scampering around the house, escaping from the barriers we've set up for her. The only damage done so far has been pieces of a plant, and my camera cord. Obviously, I won't be uploading new photos till I get a new one. Hopefully she won't escape from the crate that Jonathan's parents bought for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment