We ushered in 2008 with four days/nights of guests. On New Year's Eve, I worked until 1:30 and came back to the house to ring in the new year with Renee and Sara. They came down from PJ and we watched fireworks at midnight (in a random parking lot in Morristown...) after playing the Wii and board games earlier in the evening.
Molly and her roommate Rachel from Rockaway came on Thursday to visit. They also played some Wii and hung out for a while.
Friday Jonathan and I hosted a party for a bunch of my co-workers. A set of them will so be permanently based in California after going back and forth between NJ and CA for the past couple months, so I wanted to have them over so the could enjoy the hot tub. It was a fun, slightly raucous party. I can't wait till the summer so we can host a barbeque.
Yesterday, both Molly and my mom had the day off, so they came down to visit. We walked around the neighborhood and went to 2 open houses around the block. We saw this one, which, yes is as tiny and as overpriced as it looks. We also looked at a $600k house that was only 2 years old and already pretty beaten up, plus the basement and garage were unfinished. We're obviously not looking for a house right now for real...it's just fun to look and laugh. I can't believe the prices around here.
Molly and her roommate Rachel from Rockaway came on Thursday to visit. They also played some Wii and hung out for a while.
Friday Jonathan and I hosted a party for a bunch of my co-workers. A set of them will so be permanently based in California after going back and forth between NJ and CA for the past couple months, so I wanted to have them over so the could enjoy the hot tub. It was a fun, slightly raucous party. I can't wait till the summer so we can host a barbeque.
Yesterday, both Molly and my mom had the day off, so they came down to visit. We walked around the neighborhood and went to 2 open houses around the block. We saw this one, which, yes is as tiny and as overpriced as it looks. We also looked at a $600k house that was only 2 years old and already pretty beaten up, plus the basement and garage were unfinished. We're obviously not looking for a house right now for real...it's just fun to look and laugh. I can't believe the prices around here.
It was 60 degrees today, and it will be a few degrees warmer tomorrow. Where the heck is winter? I want more snow!!!
I probably won't write in here until I get back from RMS Boot Camp at the main office in California, so I want to wish Julie well on her trip up to Alaska. I will miss my best buddy, but I'm working on my spaceship to take a visit up there!
Me pretending I'm in Alaska with Julie
1 comment:
Thanks Al for the shoutout! I have been having dreams about Fairbanks for the last several nights.. it sucks. Tonight I woke up in a fluster having a bad dream about car shopping, eek! Which is why I am wide awake at 3am now. :-P Stupid little worries.. why won't my brain function as it should and not worry til I get up there?! Anyway.. you're going to California?? You didn't mention that!! That's sweet.. oh, and if you know where I put that cute hat I'm wearing in that picture, let me know. It's on the list of missing things. :-)
Post a Comment