I was there from about 3PM Saturday till 11:30AM Sunday, with about 5 hours out for food and sleep. I was able to get on the floor to see our dancers in the wee hours of Sunday morning, which was awesome.
Our second EMS THON family, the Ws, was there on Friday and Saturday. Mariah and Lauren sang in the Talent Show again this year, and did a GREAT job. It's amazing to see how the kids have grown up over the past year...plus, they have a new addition to the family, baby boy Andrew! Michael finally has a brother to go with his 3 sisters :)
Mariah and Lauren singing for the Talent Show. 9 PM Saturday.
The line dance was really good this year...I can't figure out if I like it better than the '04 line dance. The stage was also set up in a really cool way: Four Diamonds! The floating Four Diamonds above the stage looked really cool too on the webcam.
The support from EMS was awesome. Our section of the stands contained no less than 10 EMS representatives the entire time I was there. The combination of alumni, EMSers I know, and the new faces of the freshmen was so encouraging, and I know it gave a big boost to the dancers.
EMSers in the stands supporting our dancers. 3:49 AM Sunday
Around 10AM Sunday, we spotted our first THON family, the Bs, wandering around the floor. It was so great to see them...we hadn't seen them in close to a year (since Julie's rockin' bday party). I couldn't stay through Family Hour or to see the final total, but I was so stunned when I got the text message from my friend (I was sleeping in the car on the way back to NJ). THON 2008 raised $6,615,318.04 for the kids. I can't even describe how that makes me feel. I am so proud of everyone involved. THON will always always always hold a special place in my heart.
For Michael. In memory of Troy. For the Kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment