My flight got into Gatwick at ~8:30AM this morning. There were no more than 30 people on my flight (which was on a 757), so I was able to sleep 5 of the 6 hours in the air.
Work paid for a taxi to take me to my hotel in the City of London, in the business district. Gatwick is out in the country, and I got to see everyone driving on the left on the motorway on the way into the city. After I got in, I grabbed a quick shower and went off sightseeing.
I wandered across London Bridge to head to the South Bank area. I accidentally ended up going through the Borough Market. I had read about it, but didn't make any plans to specifically go see it. I just happened to run into it. It's basically a farmer's market on steroids. On Saturdays it's more food oriented rather than just fruit and vegetables.
I walked on the path following the Thames until I hit Westminster Bridge, where I crossed back over.

I wandered some more and crossed back over to look at the exhibits in the Tate Modern. It's Britain's free modern art museum. Some of it was pretty neat. Some of it wasn't. But that's art.
Now I'm back at the hotel. You can find more pictures in the links on the side. I'll make a map of my travels soon, but I need to be an old lady and start heading to bed before I fall asleep on the keyboard. Don't want to be a zombie tomorrow!
I walked on the path following the Thames until I hit Westminster Bridge, where I crossed back over.
I wandered some more and crossed back over to look at the exhibits in the Tate Modern. It's Britain's free modern art museum. Some of it was pretty neat. Some of it wasn't. But that's art.
Now I'm back at the hotel. You can find more pictures in the links on the side. I'll make a map of my travels soon, but I need to be an old lady and start heading to bed before I fall asleep on the keyboard. Don't want to be a zombie tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment